Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 35

Got kidnapped again to be at the high school. So over this day.

I'm thinking I'm going to go to town and eat to my face some of that curry chicken which I actually ate the chicken of on Monday.

The walk is so far though and the way that it is, I'm not sure I'm supposed to be going anywhere, but presently, I'm doing not a damn thing.

No one has come for testing. Nothing. Yeah. I'm over today.

I ended up walking the three miles into town. Holy hell was that a trek. Saw the education volunteers again. Weird how that keeps happening.

So I went and had my curry chicken. Ahhhhh! Flavor! How I've missed flavor. And I had garlic naan bread. I was in heaven.

Found the Peace Corps resource room. That was an adventure. Couldn't find it for the life of us.

Then we decided it was going to be a day drinking kind of day. It turned out not to be, but we did end up in a bar where we spoke Runyankore with the bartender who was very impressed with us speaking.

He was so well educated and was talking to us about everything. Like everything. It was really interesting. I told him he was going to be my friend. In a creepy kind of way. He also owns the bar which is nice.

Outside of his bar while I was smoking, which is very taboo especially for women, a guy approached me and this was cool, he had his own tv show and is like a local celebrity!! Hook up!! He knows where all the parties are and was like I like your style, I was like ew. Not this. This is not style. This is default into what I don't look like. Bumming it.

So I would have to say that aside fe the kidnapping I did some good networking today.

Who's coming to visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment