Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 24

I am currently growing a national forest between my legs. It is decided that I am plucking my bikini line today. Yes. With tweezers. End of discussion.

To go along with that, I'm not sure how, but I am also pretty sure that I'm going to have skin cancer when all of this is said and done. My tan is getting worse except its not tan. It's burn. I look dirty. It's not a good feeling since most the time I really am dirty, except even when I'm clean, the color it doesn't come off.

We climbed a huge hill today. Like it was a three hour plus hike. I'm dead. So dead. It was so cool though. The views were amazing and we saw people tilling the land and when I say people I mean old ladies and little kids. Well they ended up following us, we got a few pictures it was the coolest thing. I was trying to delete photos off my camera and they all gathered around me and started to look at the photos. They were from Minnesota when the lake when frozen so I got to show them that an explain that to them. It was the coolest thing.

I loved today. I'm dreading the walk back to home stay. I'm just so dead. I really need to study. We have mock LPIs on Monday which are the tests we have to pass to say that we've sufficiently learned the language. This bitch is failing.

Speaking of failing, it's been decided that washing my hair with a bucket has to be one of thee hardest things I've encountered here. You would think it would be the lack of toilets and or running water, but no. It is washing my hair. Why didn't I shave this? Fail.

Smoked my last cigarette today. Lets see how long this lasts.

So this morning, my host dad stands outside of my door saying, "Kathryn good morning, how are you? I'm leaving for work now to go to Ibanda." Um... Ok. Then leave. I'm not getting up or coming out and why are you talking to me in the morning?! Unless I come out of my room, out of all the days I have been in the house, this man has not once spoken to me in the morning let alone through my room door. Don't be a super creep. Please. Ew.

In training me and another PCT (Peace Corps Trainee) were in the room they've provided us and all of a sudden it sounds like elephants are in the ceiling. Dear God I can not handle elephants or rats or birds or lizard things making the ceiling crack and falling down on us. I would die. I would say I would come home, but I feel like I'm making everything an excuse to come home.

I stub my toe on the rocks walking back to home stay. I'm coming home.

Pee splashes the sides of my feet in the pit latrine. I'm coming home.

The sun is out. I'm coming home.

I'm coming home for everything. Except not.

I do climb trees though without threats of returning to America. On our hill trip, I climbed a Simba tree. You may be asking yourself what a Simba tree is. Well you know that well recognized type of tree from the Lion King? They were accurate in their depictions as they are real and I climbed one today. I was waiting for either Timon or Pumba to come waltzing by. They did not. I was disappointed.

Oh well. Went to bed right after dinner tonight. I think that's going to be my new thing.

Hopefully it goes over well.

No comments:

Post a Comment