Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 29

Women here seemingly spend their entire lives bent over. How are back issues not an issue?

To wash clothes by hand, to cook, everything. She is constantly bent over from morning to night. I really just want my host mom to take a day time nap. Hell I wanna take a day time nap and I'm only bent over like that once a week.

What I would give to be in kindergarten again. Well kindergarten back in the 90s. Not today's kindergarten. Today's shhhh cray.

Today was long and unstructured. Self study, in which I started to rewrite my note as they suck.

I didn't get very far. Instead I'm concerned about my friends. It seems that everyone decided to go balls to the wall when I left. I mean people are talking about four letter words and rings and things and all I can think is what the hell it's been a month!! It's been a month today!!

What is happening since I left?!? I feel like everyone just like unscrewed all their hinges and went crazy because I'm not there. Selfish to think its all from me, but yeah...

So I'm just praying everyone waits to do full on craziness until I'm home. That's all I ask. Two years.

So yesterday was like a shit show except they substituted piss for shit.

I literally am peeing on myself like its my job. Before we go home yesterday I'm like let me pee especially since the day before I peed outside behind a school and fell in the dirt midstream because I couldn't hold it anymore. So I'm like lesson learned. I'm peeing at school.

Well apparently I was way too excited to pee and my stream was way more forceful than necessary. It went out of control and onto my left foot like into my sandal, feels like I stepped in an ankle deep puddle, peed all over my foot. I wanted to kill myself.

Instead I finished peeing. Removed my shoe and rinsed my bare foot and my poor sandal off with the tap. I didn't use soap. I figured I'd be bucket bathing once I got home and it's Africa. Enh.

So we hang around for a little bit longer and I'm like nope, still not playing around. I'm peeing again. I'm never peeing outside again.

So as soon as I drop my pants over the porcelain pit latrine I hear this clink. What is that I say?! And I start to feel things as there was nothing in my lap or skirt and low and behold one of my piercing a was loose.

I'm pissed because I don't have any extra bars and I've now just lost my piercing to the porcelain mouth of this flush latrine. I'd rather just have a regular latrine, but I guess it was ok since I was able to retrieve the bar.

Only thing is that I had to stick my hand into the porcelain latrine and it was gross because no one flushes when they pee AND I had to pee first to discover the location of the bar.

FML.

At least I didn't pee on the way home.

So at dinner I told my host parents about my new place and how I have options and la la la la la.

Well, my host dad thinks my house is going to be a "boys quarters". That is essentially a train car looking contraption or like a thing that you see in movies when you're in like a yard with like truck beds stacked on top of each other. Omg. I think I will die.

I just need it to be Monday, but not too fast because I'm going to need time to study for the actual LPI.

Screw language. Why didn't I get placed in South America again? Damn HIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment