Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 19

The days are so long here.

I'm beginning to blend them together.

Nearly on time. Five minutes late, but we were the first here today.

I feel bogged down by the language. It's clogging up my brain.

I'm ready to be done with home stay, but entirely nervous to be out in a community doing testing in a language I suck in and to also possibly suck period. I just don't want to suck.

I've decided to bring my computer to training everyday. It's my saving grace as it charges my phone when it dies at home which is often because of the terrible cell service I have. Oh well. It's doing the job.

I'm still amazed by all the beauty here, but also all the poverty that is cradled in it. It makes me sad.

In two years I may have done nothing, but exposed people to something new, but I get to leave after that two years. I get to go home. Back to toilets, showers, and clean running water.

I leave all of this behind just so I could say I did something. I'm beginning to feel a bit terrible.

Maybe I will come to terms with my American mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment