Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 11

The days here seem so very long like there are three days packed and stacked one on top of the other squished into one.

Time rolls over onto itself and then stops for a breather where he reverses and stands still watching the hands of his time teller until he can make sense of them again.

I wish he could mend them to bend.

Two years. I still can't believe I'm here. I wonder wen it will wear off.

Today was a lazy day. I didn't fall asleep until sometime after five and then was up bright and early for seven something. Had some breakfast which were potatoes, omg potatoes!! And then hand washed my laundry. There was so much stinking laundry. It is still on the line, which is not advisable due to mango flies. These suckers lay eggs on your damp clothes and then when they come in contact with human flesh they burrow under the skin and develop. Yup larvae under your skin. If you don't have them removed, they will eventually fly out of you fully developed. Gross.

I talked to my mom today for the first time on the phone since I've been here. Let me tell you. America is spoiled with their phone plans. What I wouldn't give for unlimited nights and weekends.

Oohwi.

There are so many noises tonight. Dogs barking, frogs doing what they do and Gary making this weird sound as he scurries up and down the walls. He's freaking me out. Ew.

The bugs here are insane. I'm halfway over them.

I'm pretty sure I'm halfway over everything. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment