Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 33

Traveled to Mbarara today for future site visit.

So tired. Didn't sleep well at all last night. Got everything packed away and situated though. Pretty sure I made my host mom late to her first day back at school taking a lifetime with bathing this morning.

So we get to school, everything is great, we get a ride into Mbarara and me and another trainee Trisha get off together, and they drop us randomly at a shell station. A fellow PCV gets out to tell us where to go for our organizations and also to tell us where we are going to eat.

Next thing you know I hear a chuckle and a hey. I'm thinking its a boda driver asking us if we want rides, nope. Lo and behold its my host dad. Of all the times and places and people, how in the hell did he happen to be in the shell station at just the moment I get out of my transport vehicle?

Ok so lets back up. Last night when he asked about being part of the house hunting I said oh I will have another girl with me and I will have to ask my supervisor as she will be there too, basically I'm setting up the fall.

This morning when I woke up, he's at my door again, but he tells me he can't come with me because he has to go to Busheni. Great. Now I don't have to tell you no. Perfect.

So when I see him in the shell station, I can only imagine the look of shock and terror on my face because how in the hell?!? The creepiest most random coincidence. I feel I may have a tracking device in my stomach.

Makes sense then why they are always telling me to eat more.

Well I tell him we are going to get lunch and then I will call him when we are through, because he's talking about house hunting again and how he's around.

I don't call.

Instead I get a ride to my organization because I can't get a hold of my lady. Again. I arrive and things are good. They seem so legit. I'm loving it.

My perspective soon changes. Their last annual report is from 2009 and after checking their website, I wonder what they've been doing for the past few years.

Then we go look at the houses. Palace? I think not. The first was a cement floor dungeon placed in the cut of a creeptastic alley. Not trying to walk down alleys late at night. There were also a lot of neighbors.

House 2. I was in love if not for the gambling section below my apartment that I would have to walk past every day and the wall of glass as if the apartment was originally intended to be a storefront. The only thing hiding me and my possessions from prying eyes would be a curtain. Not feeling it. If there was a wall and not glass I may consider it more, but the gangle of men was not the most comforting thing.

Decisions decisions. And I can't decide if I like my org yet. I really can't. They seemed legit, but then just hearing some of the interactions. I'm beginning to wonder.

We shall see. Getting picked up tomorrow at 8:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment