Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 5

Today they had the memorial service for the girl who died in the car crash. Her name was Danielle.

It was amazing to see so many people come together and remember her life. All of Peace Corps came to show support and it made me feel truly blessed and proud to be able to say that I am now a part of this family.

It was a beautiful memorial. She sounded like an amazingly positive and caring person. I'm glad I got to hear about her life, even if it was just a piece of it.

After the memorial, I traveled to Kampala with the Peace Corps nurse so she could officially and finally remove my implanted diva cup.

Now I have heard great things about the diva cup and after having it stuck inside of me for a day and a half, besides the being stuck part, I would have to give rave reviews for this contraption.

I didn't have a single leak while I was plugged up. It was great. So anyways. I go to have this thing removed and I swear, the nurse even had difficulty. He had to use the speculum to widen my vagina because clearly I have issues. That was unpleasant.

After widening, she manages to get a grip on the "stem" and at first nothing, then I feel like I hear a slurping sound, maybe it was the just feeling inside me that resulted in a sound reel in my head, but I do know it felt like my walls were being sucked inside out from that handy little device. I feel that that is what birth feels like.

The blood was everywhere and I felt spent. Used up and gross. I can't say I will be using the diva cup again anytime soon.

Oh. Right. I dropped my toothbrush, with a steripod (container to sterilize your toothbrush) into the toilet.

I have christened both bowls. Can't wait to use a pit latrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment