Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 34

Today it rained like no other. I also feel even more nervous about my language exam as I completely only discovered today that I didn't bring my language notebook! What was I thinking. I can't even begin to imagine where this notebook is. God. Please bless.

So I was supposed to go house hunting yesterday. Didn't. Instead from 9 until 6 I was at an outreach event at the local high school where we did testing and counseling.

I myself do not feel comfortable doing testing and counseling yet as Africa and America are quite different. The identified risks and the prevalence of HIV are different and so I ended up being thrown into it anyways. For shame.

We had sheets to fill out that I filled out wrong, then they became upset when I did that, but no one told me!!! And I asked!! Although they speak English here and it is considered the national language, officially, no one understands me! Ever. If I speak Runyankore my accent is too heavy they say and if I speak English people just tell me yes to questions that were never yes or no.

I quit. It's decided.

Yesterday was far too long. Ended up staying at the other volunteers hotel last night which was nice. She stayed at mine the night before and poor thing didn't wanna sleep in the bed with me under the net, the girl is itching in mosquito bites. Like all over from her face to her arms. They are so bad. I feel sad that she has so many.

We met some education volunteers as well. Which was random and cool. We came out of the hotel and there they were. So we met up with the others at the Pelikan hotel and it was nice to be around other Americans. I must say though, I still can't wait to cook for myself. I'm over this substitute American food that very one likes so much, but it's not good. So I'm confused why everyone is in love.

Yeah. So. I'm hoping tomorrow that I actually get to see houses or else I may be living in sketch town USA, Uganda style. I'm not really a fan. At all. We shall see.

Oh and my colleagues came up with the idea that I should marry one of them so I can stay in Uganda forever. Oh if only they knew. Plus private matters are not private matters.

I went to the bathroom, guy asks where I went. I told him then he asks what I did there. I said I went to the bathroom. What do you mean? Also was asked if I ever had sex before. All I kept thinking was is this real?!? Got sassiest when I got my hand held and immediately and forcefully pushed his away.

Boys are weird.

Did I mention I was quitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment