Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 2

Today I had my interview for my top three job preferences. Apparently I didn't do so well on my aspiration statement as they basically told me that on paper I sucked and didn't sound like I wanted to be in Uganda at all.

It went well though. I think I may find my self in Jinja which is more eastern Uganda if I'm not mistaken, which I could be. Jinja is supposed to be an amazing town, very touristy, very happening. We shall see though. we shall see.

I was able to see the moon again tonight. It had to have been full tonight. It was beautiful. A glowing pearl above the deep green sea of trees against the deepening midnight sky. I felt you could drink it in and stay punch drunk for days.

Today is more real for me. I miss home. I miss my family. I found some index cards from my mom today that shattered my heart to pieces. They were stowed away in my backpack (huge hiking one) which I opened for the first time this evening.

I also miss Melinda. Idk how we are going to do this. I'm confident we can, but it's very hard. Very. My heart yearns for her and my soul waits to be entwined again. Three months and we are acting like its forever. Crazy thing is that I see forever. I really and truly do.

I also may turn into a twig as I'm not eating that well. I'm a pickier eater than I anticipated. There were eggs for breakfast this morning and I couldn't stomach it. Not at all. The whites and told tastes funny. So I ended up eating bread an honey. The honey was delicious.

I have also stopped eating meat. I keep wasting the food which I feel so poorly about.

No comments:

Post a Comment