Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 20

Tomorrow will be three weeks. It already feels like three years.

Language is coming along. I'm sucking more than I'd like to, but I'm starting now to hear words that I know from my host family which is so nice.

Today at training I witnessed a dragonfly dance. It was a gathering of dragon flies darting around each other creating these intricate seemingly choreographed movements. It looked like an air show. I love it. Something so simple brought so much joy to me, just being able to take in that moment and observe these creatures flying. Silly maybe, but it encouraged me to just breathe.

Just breathe.

Almost a month. Almost.

I hope the time flies like those dragonflies. Seemingly choreographed to bring me to just the right place at just the right time with visible obstacles that I will manage to surpass.

Hope is on the wings of the wind and in the hollows of my open mouth.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment