Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Target. Dear Target.

January 14 2017

Fuck you Target!

Yes. That's how I needed to start this post because today we endured the ultimate test- a trip to Target.

Target where I get my rugs. Target with its $1 bargain buys. Target with shoes and plates and makeup bags and lamps and towels and couches and frames and decor. Oh Target how you taunt me.

My father bought us a microwave for christmas, which I did ask for, but after chrfkibg reviews we realized that we would be soon replacing our new microwave and ain't nobody got time for that in #nospend2017, so we were in target to make a return.

The only thing is that while in the line for customer service we saw a lady handing stuff out so of course we both look at each other knowingly and Melinda dashes out of line and gets the deets.

She returns with a reusable target bag (which God knows we don't need another bag reusable or otherwise in our house) and information about free samples/giveaways conveniently located arund the store.

So we return the microwave, get out giftcard, grab a buggy to give us the appearance of shopping and we go forth on our quest to find the free stuff. Along the way I picked up a hypothetical scarf, Melinda shoe polish. After those two items we stopped as it hurt too much.

We circled the store looking for stations and got four of them. Although we weren't sure if there were more (I later read the leaflet the handed us at the first station which was at the entrance telling us where all the freebies were), we decided that after finding cat food that was cheaper anywhere else that we needed to leave.

There was too much stuff! Cards and stationary. Games and pillow cases. Bathroom floor mats, tinsel, vases, trays. Everything I never knew I ever wanted-because I don't really.

And so we got our cat food and left. Oh and we bought it on our giftcard. Thanks for the Christmas gift dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment