Thursday, January 5, 2017

First day of spending

January 5th- day 5 of 365.

I shouldn't have written it like that. A year is a long time when you say it in days. 365. Three hundred and sixty five. At least it's not a leap year this year.

So today was the first day of spending. I went to Aldi. The budget for groceries is $37.50 a week. I spent $35.64 and I'm so glad I came under budget because I walked into the store initially with cash only and then I went back and I brought my wallet as a just in case. I'm so happy that I got lucky and under budget because it encouraged me to not think like oh I can just bring my cards. No! I can't. This is a budget. A serious one. Not a oh hey you know just seeing where this goes. This is for real!

So anyways. That was my moment today. We've been paying bills and trying to get the gas and grocery under control. This stuff is not easy.

And the poor wife is starving and deprived at work because she can't go to Tim Horton's anymore. Poor gal. She's been making her lunch like a trooper, but doesn't want leftovers. Hopefully this will start to become less of a thing. She can't afford to not eat. Haha. Get it? Afford in a post about finances?! 😂😂😂

Ok. I'm done. Time for bed and budget reconfiguration in the a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment