Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 30

Pretty sure I failed my practice LPI exam today.

Aka language sucks. I can greet and say in. That's it. Yes. I said in. That's what I can say. Can't say here or there or anything, just in.

Whatever. Went into Mbarara today. Well that was shittastic. Getting a taxi was so difficult. It also made me realize that I'm really going to need to not fail my real language exam. Not if I want to survive.

Apparently men in Uganda love me in the grossest meat sex way. I feel like rack of beef hanging from pegs on the side of the road. Please. Just stare and drool. That's cool. I also appreciate it when you give me the up down. Yummy.

Not all the men are like that though. It's like the states in that aspect. Sometimes boys are just gross. Gross boys.

Ew.

So anyways. We make it to Mbarara in one piece, just crammed four inte back of a sedan and meet this other PCV who shows us around and takes us for FOOD. Omg! Food. I wanted to kiss the ground he walked on. Seriously. Had these things called cluck clucks. Best chicken finger substitute ever. I fell in love. Oh and fries. There were fries. I love fries.

So happy I'm living in that city which apparently Peace Corps doesn't do very often. Like ever. An organization was going to move their headquarters there an then decided against it as they were informed they would lose PCVs. Crazy because I'm now living there. :)

Can't wait to see my place. Can not wait.

Ok so on our way home we get a taxi at the post office and the craziest thing happens. We were waiting on a a fourth person to pack the car and all of a sudden the officer who led us to this driver is now putting handcuffs on him?!? What the hell?!?

They just walked him away down the street in cuffs. All I could muster with an unlit cigarette in my hand was, "Noogamba ota, what happened?!?" No one was able to tell me.

Sadly we waited for another half an hour for a taxi where the driver informed us that he wanted to marry an American woman which I laughed at as I exited his vehicle. He then became angry and asked why I refused him. I said I didn't know him and e said yes you do. Call me on the phone. What? No. I'm not. I leave you sir.

Had to walk home from our training center, ended up caught in the rain and in the dark.

Scary.

Basically I'm living the life here. Wanna join?

No comments:

Post a Comment