Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 6

I'm using the diva cup again.

Tampons suck. That day and a half of stuck-ness spoiled me and now I'm changing my tampon every like three hours. Fucking heavy flow. Shit. Not now. Not now.

Today was a relaxing day. We played a lot of games, got a rabies shot, talked about HIV, you know how much I enjoy that. We are getting closer to our home stays which I'm freaking out about, but I'm really excited to start learning my language and being in a community that speaks only my language.

The only thing I'm nervous about is food. Since I've been here I think I have eaten three pieces of meat. I've passed on the goat, on the fish, and on the crickets that were offered to me. The boiled mashed bananas I'm not really so crazy about either, so no worries on finding me as a skinny bitch when I get back, there is plenty of rice and beans for me to stay full and happy on. And I mean full.

By the way. There is a lizard in our room. We call him a gecko, but I think that isn't accurate. We have named him Gary. Apparently he's been here since the first night. I would like him to leave, but it sounds like he has managed to find his way into my bag which I left open for the first time all week.

I don't really want to find Gary in my bag tomorrow. He's kinda freaking me out, but I suppose if I had to choose my bed or my bag, I'd rather find him as a present in my book bag than in my face in the morning.

I'm going to fix my mosquito net. Hopefully it will keep Gary out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment