Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 23

It's hot. Quite.

And that stupid call me maybe song is on. I left America to escape things like Carly Rae Jemson or whatever her name is.

Today I'm buying a dress in town and having one made. I'm so excited!!! Ahhhh!

Finally because I have absolutely no clothes. So ready for some new clothes. Speaking of, I split my pants somehow. Stupid Forever 21. Jesus. I was walking out of the house this morning to fetch Paige and for some reason I touched my ass. Why? Who knows. But thanks be that I did or else I wouldn't have felt my ass skin that I imagine was visible through my pants. Damnation.

Thank God for mini sewing kits.

We went into town today and met a nurse who works at a health center three. It was crazy to see the place. Cement floors with holes, not a single patient. There are no doctors just midwives and nurses. It's crazy to think of all the people they service and how understaffed they are.

Everything here makes me grateful for my life at home. Everything.

I did my girls and my boys nails again today. Official this time. Two coats. It was nice to see them relax and just do something for them. The girls are always working and helping their mom. It's crazy. Chores here are not like chores back home. Not even close.

I played cards with my dad last night. Pretty sure he cheated. It was fun to be able to learn though. Wanted the mom to play, but she said she didn't know how. So we kind of left it at that.

It's going into dry season and its hot even at night now. The blanket I was using is too much, but hopefully that will change. Can't wait to see what site is like.

Ok. Going to sweat now.

No comments:

Post a Comment