Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 1

Tonight is my first night in Uganda. I feel like I'm sleeping outside even though I'm in a full bed in a room with a door and a lock. The sounds are unprecedented, only comparable to those when camping. I feel completely at ease though. I know there is very real danger here, but presently I only feel warmth and welcoming from my surroundings and all that I have encountered so far. My favorite part is that all those at the training sight greeted us by saying, "you're welcome." That in itself was heart warming. I have nothing but curiosity and excitement filling me. Tomorrow is the first day of training where we have medical information exchanged and also interview for our site locations. Very exciting. Soon I will have more wildlife to talk about rather than the dogs on our compound and the baby lizard I startled when I snuck outside for a cigarette. Even though I'm here surrounded by tropical plants and balmy weather, it still doesn't quite feel real. No tears in Uganda yet. I'm sure they will surface eventually though.

No comments:

Post a Comment