Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 96

Rushed to work today for a meeting that I thought started at 8. You know. The one I was late to last week, well nope. Not at all. It's 8:10 and I'm writing here.


My supervisor nor my counterpart are here. 

Told someone I wasn't a mzungu today. Then they mocked me and started screaming mzungu. Mind you. This was an adult. 

Oh Uganda. How I love you. 

Wonder how long until anyone shows. Until then I will snack on my chapati chips and a fiber bar. Yum. Breakfast.

Yeah so my supervisor didn't show up until after the meeting, but her sister was really sick. Understandable. 

Meeting happened. A waste of time I'm thinking. 

Did secretarial work today. My counterpart keeps suggesting that I learn how to do reports so that I can do her work. Literally her words. Sigh. 

Some orcas volunteers came in today from spending the weekend up at a lake. I'm a bit jealous. Two of them stayed with me. 

We went out to the heat. Good fun. Made friends. Told a man not to leave his wife just because she wasn't producing. Not sure if he's gonna listen. 

Three to a bed. Not sure how this will work tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment