Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 93

Thought I was late again today. Again. I thought wrong. 

Had another meeting today. 

This man though was very Ugandan and very westernized. He was very to the point and unbearably bold. His delegation was completely Ugandan. Not just his position. 

He brought my serious voice out today and although I don't quite care for him as he threw a lot of people under the bus and called them out in what to me was mixed company, he informed us, an outside agency how his worker does not work and is highly incompetent. 

I was embarrassed for her. 

I was happy to leave that meeting although it gave me insight into what my organization does and the gaps in which I may be able to fill. So I am excited to work with him and his organization, but I don't look forward to working directly with him. He's rude. 

Leaving that place I had to pee so badly and I swear the roaches are out to get me. Out I say. 

I not so much as ran to the bathroom when we returned to work and I'm not sure why I feel so compelled to save water, but I only peed so I felt that I didn't need to full flush. 

So I slightly pulled the handle. Not satisfied with the results I gently pulled again. Still no. So this time I pulled a bit harder. Still not a full flush, but hard enough to shoot a cockroach into the toilet bowl!! 

I swear I thought it was going to shoot at my feet and I would have to go back to America. The day a cockroach touches me. I may have to leave. I can't. Ugh. And it was huge!!! Why are they so big?

Please. I just want to cry. 

Was supposed to pick up my wardrobe today. Instead I was ditched. So I went to the store an bought coriander for guac and cheese for my pasta tonight. 

I don't like the cheese. I learned that the hard way. That was a lot of money for stuff I could have bought myself. Ugh. 

Coworker took me to te place called Heat tonight. They had fried pork. I'm with it! And the place is huge! 

I also got us free goat, which with its distinct smell I can't bring myself to eat. Free beers were also in the deal. Nice. For once I like being a mzungu. :) It has its perks. 

I was so full from preparing dinner for myself before my coworker came to take me to this place that I was fuller than a stuffed turkey at thanksgiving. 

I ended up being sick which I thought would make me feel more sick, but I actually felt better. 

Also these 500 mL beers may be the death of me. Hot damn they are huge. Four will put you under. 

Talked to my mom about her birthday and my future when I got home. I also informed her that I'm over Uganda presently. As much as I am I don't feel the need to come home though. 

Maybe that will change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment