Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 85

Thursday and I arrived at work before anyone else. Makes sense. 

We went to Isingero today where we have a start up project where we are doing HIV testing and counseling at a health center. 

I was told that I'll be coming there often. I haven't decided how I feel about that since they say that when you go there for longer than a week that you 'cut weight.'

They also say there is no water. Dear God. 

It was good to be there though. There was an event happening. They worked with mothers to find out their status and those that were positive, they then worked with keeping them adherent to medication regimens which resulted in their children remaining negative. 

It was inspiring to see. 

They had these shirts that said, "I am free ..." And then on the back, "... coz you cared!"



 Sweetest thing ever. 

I feel proud to be involved with an organization that recognizes and work with women to make such impact full strides. 

The ride there was also breathtaking. I'm just ready to start doing something. To make a difference. No matter how small. 

Returned home to my house tonight and it was really nice. It's just nice to be. Curry chicken at City Top and I'm a broke girl. Budgeted well though. I've got enough to pay for the wardrobe an had minimal balance owed. Lets see if he lets me take the sucker home. 

Free day tomorrow. Another volunteer gets in and we shall hang. Excitement. I will also attempt to sleep in. 

Ah sleep. Why do you evade me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment