Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 72

And I'm back in Uganda. 

Got in this lovely Friday night around eleven. Didn't fall asleep in the car which was a miracle.  Carried my bag somehow partway which was also a miracle. 

Jerked around at the hotel as the owner talked to me from a balcony with all the lights off. Thank you for my driver who got me out of there and took me to the Annex where I did get a room, but a roach infested one. 

I'm pretty sure that at the end of all this I'm going to keep cockroaches as pets and name them cute little cute names. 

Eff my lowering standards. 

Time clock all messed up. 

Listening to the man in the room next door snore his life away. If only I were doing the same. 

It's hot here. Tried to sleep under the covers. No such luck tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm going to open the window and see how that works. 

Cockroach in the room as soon as I opened the door. Ah. Uganda. How I've missed you. 

May not see my house until after Monday. It's gonna be Saturday tomorrow. That's a lot of days of waiting. Not impressed. 

Have to go into the Peace Corps office on Monday. I was requested. 

No one told me anything though until I got the email just today. So I'm assuming it was sent yesterday, but why would you send it when I was traveling? And it wasn't sent yesterday as I had wifi earlier today. Ugh. 

I didn't even know where I was sleeping tonight. 

Funny. I'm sleeping in the room of that Austrian woman I met just two weeks ago. Seems like it was so much longer. So much has happened since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment