Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 82

Oh Monday. You're a bitch. 

Late today. Not like that's anything new, but apparently there are meetings in Monday that start at 8. I arrived at 8:50. Whoops. 

This is a great way to start off my two years. 

Went to drop off certificates today. I mostly feel like a lackey right now who doesn't even know who to follow behind. Was told I would be part of the grant proposal committee today. Had to inform my org that that wasn't my role and that in fact, I had never written a grant before
 in my life. 

They seemed shocked. 

Whoops. 

Jenifer told me today how she wished she could show me how to do reports so that I could do them for her. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing here for two years, but it damn sure wont be report writing or grant proposals. 

Language is kicking my ass. The entire staff was encouraged to speak to me strictly in Runyankore. I suck. And I give the blankets faces when I don't understand except no one really comes to my rescue. 

Brought my study books out today and mostly everyone who tries to help me just confused me more. They know Runyankore like I know English. I don't know why it is. I just know it is. 

So it's not very helpful. At all. 

Didn't eat tonight as I realized I have absolutely no money. Well I lied. I did eat. Two bags of grab bag chips, welchs gummies, a bag if beef jerky, and a fiber bar. Sounds good to me. 

Tried to watch a movie and fell asleep texting. Tomorrow I am sitting down and doing a budget. Gheeze this sucks. 

Oh and my wardrobe wasn't ready today. That's what I'm assuming at least. The guy pretended to be all shocked when we stopped by today. 

Apparently it's at the shop being cut since there was no power on Saturday. I'm pretty sure you just make mass amounts of items, so when I special order and I need it by Wednesday, maybe that should take priority since you already have five beds of the same size just there that were here last time I saw you. 

Ugh. I'm so American. 

Yeah. So about that price Mr. Carpenter man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment