Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 76

Today I was sworn in. 

I also took a nap today. That was a new thing. A much needed new thing. I must say I love naps. Little kids don't know hat they're missing. What I would give to have nap time incorporated into my daily routine. 

Anyways. Was sworn in. It was kind of awkward and took something like a lifetime to happen, but all in all I am officially a Peace Corps Volunteer now!! Whoot!!!

And my two years begins. Excited to finally get to site. They say I should be leaving tomorrow which I'm so amped for!!!

Nervous about my house though. Extremely. 

Met some Rwandan boy tonight who was cool. We went to Fang Fang tonight which was so tasty. Expensive, but oh so tasty!! In love with good food options. Yum. Had sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice. So yum. 

Then we went out to this place called Mish Mash. I'm not sure if I wasn't supposed to go there and I was hella nervous to be out in Kampala, Uganda, but I got there and I relaxed immediately. Felt like I was back in America. 

Girls had piercings in their faces. The amount of white/foreign people was ridiculous and everyone was friendly and so nice. Met this guy named Trevor and a girl named Sarang. She was a sweetie from Korea. Had a cigarette in a tree fort and heard for the second time a Ugandan speak about gay. It was crazy. I liked it. 

The Rwandan boy was not too impressed. Oh well. 

Left that place to go to Steakout which had such good music and damn can that little Korean girl dance!! I was put to shame not like I'm not always put to shame when it comes to dancing, but whatever. 

All in all it was a good night. I felt safe an had fun. All the way up until we got back to te hotel. The Rwandan boy was staying there too and she kept coming to my room and was saying he was scared of the dark and can I stay with him. No sir. Didn't I tell you stuff earlier. 

I swear. Boys. Ugh. Other than that though. My first day as a Peace Corps Volunteer? Pretty legit. 

One day down something like 729 to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment