Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 89

I'm beginning to think my visitors have out stayed their welcome. 

So it wasn't enough that I was wired from watching Dexter last night, but then as I'm laying in bed playing on my phone and sending messages I hear something. 

All I can think is oh my God if there is a rodent in my room right now, I'm going back to America. I'm going back to America with stoves and non cement floors and heated water. 

Thankfully for Peace Corps it wasn't a rat. Instead it's a bloody cockroach just chilling out on my flip flops. I freak out. I don't know what to do and I can't smash it, one because I honestly don't think I'm physically capable as I failed the first night I encountered these things. And two, apparently they give off these pheromones that attract other roaches when I do that. 

So I dance around and sing a couple songs with this bugger as he scurries around my room. At one point he turns around and charges me and I lose it. 

Thankfully I regained my composure and took the lid of my bucket in which I wash my dishes and successfully place it over him or her. 

So now I am slowly torturing this cockroach as I will not remove the lid until life has been sucked from his crunchy body from starvation. 

Yes I'm sick. Cruel and sick. 

All I know is that why the hell didn't my door stopper work?!?

Also. As I'm writing this I can hear the nasty thing crawling around under the lid looking for a way out. It's creeping the mess out of me. 

So I think I shall put on some tunes to drown out the sound. 

Finishing season one of Dexter probably wasn't the best choice either. Oh well. 

Sweet dreams.   

No comments:

Post a Comment