Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 83

Saw my house today and I realize that I am a spoiled spoiled brat. 

The landlord has done wonderful things with the place and I am entirely grateful as it looks like a whole new mini apartment. I can't wait to decorate. 

Currently though decorating is out of my reach as I did not realize that I didn't have all my money and so I purchased my custom wardrobe instead of gas for my stove and so I shan't be cooking things for some time. 

Yay planning me. I also didn't write my budget. 

I also keep eating things that I don't want to eat. Yuck. Today I did this twice. Once during an outreach in which I completely fell asleep in the car and then again after seeing my house and then being invited to my counterparts home. 

The first thing is called a porridge. It's not thick though as you drink it out of a straw. The name of the grain is escaping me at present, but I must admit, I hate it. 

So I say there and drank a full like two cups worth f this sticky creamy watery grossness and felt to throw up te hole time. Obusheera? You and I? We are not friends. 

So the boys took me there. Then later that evening my counterpart fed me matoke bananas, but not cooked like matoke with pieces of eggplant, onion and tomato, covered with beans and a ghee sauce. Ghee is creamy white stuff from a cow that tastes like cheese. 

I'm sure I wouldn't like it if I saw it first. Eating it wasn't so bad, but my stomach is in sorts. She is once again unimpressed with me. Yuck. 

So I have a sink now and things seem to be going well. 

Lets just see if I really move in tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment