Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 124


Monday August 26th, 2013

Got a call as I'm getting ready for work today to come on back to Kampala. Seriously? Apparently they want me to get an MRI.

Am I dying? But seriously? For an MRI? Not impressed. And I might have been on time for work today.

Oh well. So I make it for the post bus, which is coming from Kabale and so it's already full. Issa, the bus guy has got me covered and he's put some stuff on the bus for camp too which is cool. Except, the seat he sits me in is a three across with a mom and two young girls. I made it a four across.

Kill me. 

So I get on the bus, squish myself in the seat and about five minutes into the ride the kids stop eating whatever it is they were eating and the youngest just heaves forward and literally barfs her brains up at her feet. Just on the floor. She just let it rip. Next thirty seconds, her sister is joining her. 

In my head all I could think was please puke, please don't splatter on my feet. I will cry. I will so cry. First five minutes though? This bus ride is five hours. FIVE HOURS!!

They threw up intermittently throughout the entire bus ride except for when they were sleeping, but as soon as something went in, it then proceeded to nearly immediately come back up. It was unfortunate. For me. God it was disgusting. After the first foot fall, then they started throwing up in plastic bags. The mom threw them out of the window of the speeding bus. I'm not sure she knows it, but she unleashed puke bombs on unsuspecting bystanders. Poor recipients. Every time she opened the window to throw a bag out of it, I swear all I was thinking was, don't let go lady because if puke hits my face... I can't. I really really can't. Nearly threw up so many times because of the throw up fest. I can't handle throw up.

Once we got to Kampala, I couldn't get off of that bus fast enough.

A bunch of other volunteers were at the bus to meet the camp stuff Issa loaded on it, I left them as I was starving and couldn't be bothered with what everyone was doing. Not at all. Did go to dinner with all of them though. It was too many people. Fang Fang again. This time I got chicken fried rice aka I was on a budget because my avocado tomato sandwich from earlier was dee-licious! Not to mention those seasoned fries. I went to sleep a happy happy lady.

Oh and I think it's weird, but the mosquitos are worse up in Kampala than they are in my region. Why am I still the only one sleeping under a mosquito net? 

Sometimes seeing the other volunteers scares me as I feel that I will be them at the points they are currently at. Oh Lord...


No comments:

Post a Comment