Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 121

Friday August 23rd, 2013

I should have stolen more tampons.

Bled through one of my two pairs of panties while I slept. So instead of waking up at a normal hour for the bus, I woke up at 5:30 am and decided to walk the all but barren streets of Kampala to the 24hr Nakumatt for pads since clearly my heavy flow is giving it to tampons. Hate my period.

So after placement of my pad I traveled to the post bus so I could get back to Mbarara. Had my bags sniffed. Legit. Sort of.




Got home, showed that kid the stuff for camp that I promised to load on a bus for that volunteer. Not sure how that is going to work. At all actually. I have also decided that I'm not going to worry about it.

Ok. So just as I think my leg/foot whatever is getting better, as I'm walking with Issa to show him the camp stuff, I legit fall down. I never fall down. Fall down with all my stuff and my pride and stand up bruised and cursing my foot. Maybe I really do have a problem. Too bad no one really knows what it is.

Oh and apparently I wasn't supposed to leave today. Medical was calling me all morning, but my phone was off so I could save the battery. Whoops. Sorry Dr. Francis. I'm going back in two weeks to make sure everything is ok. Eff me. They only wanted to talk about how they want to switch me off my current anti-malarias to the daily ones. That would be a mistake. We will talk in two weeks.

I was so tired today. Bus traveling on bumpy roads really takes it out of you. I really slept all day. I wanted to clean, but I couldn't on account of I was asleep. When I got home today though, everyone was soooo happy to see me. My house girls and my kids. Even the really bad one that I want to punch in the throat all the time. I was nervous when he came to hug me that he might actually hit or bite me. Thankfully he did neither.

Makes me want to leave and come back more often, but then not so I can just talk to them. Talk to my house girls today. It was really enjoyable.

I think I'm going to stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment