Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 118


Tuesday, August 20th 2013

I decided to finally call Peace Corps today about my leg issue seeing that it hasn't gotten better. This was after I promised another volunteer that I would be around and load things onto a bus for her so that it could effectively reach Kampala. I ended up being a liar seeing how PC wanted me to travel the next day to get my leg checked out. Blah,

I now get to miss a meeting at Nile Breweries, my favorite beer here in Uganda aka no free beer for me. 

Went to Ntare Youth Wing today the branch off of AIC and met with Louis. I can't help them. He's too on top of everything. There is nothing for me to do. They do not need the help of a mzungu, this one in particular.

That walk from home to Ntare was quite unenjoyable. I hate sweating here and try to avoid it on nearly every occasion that I can. Clearly I didn't avoid it today. At least I got my exercise for the day in.

My supervisor told our driver to pick me up early tomorrow so I could get the bus early enough, but not have to walk. He doesn't seem impressed. He's supposed to get me at 6/6:30. It's so early. I don't wanna. 

So yay for packing, for how long, I'm not sure. 
Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment