Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 123

Sunday August 25th, 2013

Today the visiting volunteer needed to be up and out of Mbarara quite early this morning to meet her campers and get on the road to Kampala. Great. I'm excited. I love my alone time, it's just difficult for me to always articulate that to others without looking like a total bitch.




Well instead, her kids are nowhere to be found and so I've got extra company for some time. Not too bad. She eventually leaves, but not before she throws the lizard that I managed to kill in my door frame outside. It looked like a joke. Why do they have to be in the house anyways? Just leave!! Ugh! Well there he was looking like a joke and there I was freaking out. Thank goodness she was there, if not that lizard would have been there until I left Mbarara, that or the roaches came to get it, which by the way, I'm not sure they exist at my house anymore.

Thanks be.

Afternoon spaghetti leftovers. So stinking delicious. The parmesan really makes all the difference.

Ended up at golf course this afternoon the 'mzungu' hotspot because they have really shitty free yet slow wi-fi. I was there for five hours today. Five. That's how long it took to download one-four minute song. You're kidding me right? So that was a waste of my Sunday. Royally.

Also looked at wedding stuff. I can't believe that I am engaged and getting married. Never really thought this would be me and now that it is, I still can't believe it. Holy.

All this was done today in the presence of this Texas not Texan Ugandan who was in the military or something that I'm not sure how it works, but apparently it does. Yeah, so he was witness to everything and later asked if I talk to my family everyday as I had just said my fiance's name and then honey within the same breath. Censorship is so overrated. Just saying.

Ate two things of fries and some 'pizza' and then came home and finished the sauce. All that weight loss?

Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment