Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 122


Saturday August 24th, 2013

Met up with another volunteer. Ran around picking things up for the camps. Did not feel like helping. Had her stay with me because I felt bad. I always feel bad. I really like my space, but I also really hate being a bitch. Sometimes.

Besides, she turned out to be pretty cool to hang with. She's also a teammate, which was nice to be around because I felt that I could somewhat be me. More free, more open. 

Made spaghetti and oh I forgot to mention that when I got to Kampala this time, my mom's package was there!! Parmesan cheese!! And amazing jerky that I ate before I even made it back to Mbarara and gummies!! Three huge big bags of gummy bears. Target brand, but hey, I'm not complaining. I love packages. I also realized why I couldn't find my camelbak back home. My mom sent it to me in my package. Good thing I still had the lid.


So I made spaghetti for dinner and oh my God parmesan on my homemade spaghetti sauce? Dead. So in love. I need another package. Now. Right now. It made it so perfect.

So the other volunteer did my dishes. Even my smelly nasty gross ones from a few days ago. Trooper. Grateful aka I fell in love. Mostly because it made me realize that in 4 months, less than that, that I won't have to wash dishes anymore ever! Unless I so choose. Thank the fuck.

Went out with my counterpart. Got VIP. Mzungu is good for very few things. Sticking out and getting special treatment are some of them. Tonight it happened to be in a good way.

Ready for bed. Weird sharing with a teammate. Yup. I still don't like it.

Nope. I'm pretty sure I don't like sharing beds with anyone. Unless I know you, or unless we are allowed to cuddle. 

I miss cuddles. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment