Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 128


Friday, August 30th, 2013

Flushed the baby lizard down the toilet today. Felt terrible, but then he was too scary and I really just wanted to pee. In peace. Not in pieces.

So I went to this meeting today. First real official meeting since I've been at site. I've decided that I hate meetings. Everyone is so long winded and they say a whole lot of nothing. My God.

Went with my supervisor, got me out of another meeting. Unfortunately I think the other one would have lasted not as long which would have been nice. So we are late to the meeting, as per usual, but I swear these hours were a waste of my life. From 8-2. We showed up around 10. They were singing and dancing which is crazy to me.

So there was this one guy who started talking, everyone had been speaking in Ruyankore, not this guy, he speaks english. Wants to make sure everyone (meaning me) can understand what he's saying. He starts talking about pool and how it's the devil's game and how the it originated in South Africa and it came from the white man and how the white ball hits all the colored balls and how it shows the exertion of power over colors. I was blown away. The stares I got during this mans speech. Killed me.

Thankfully shortly after that we left.

I swear these meetings could be an hour. I fell asleep during the meeting a few times and nearly fell out of my chair more than twice. So I've decided that I'm excited to sleep tonight. I've also decided that I will never be used to the body odor here.Today the scent was assaulting my nose. It smelled like a mix of ass and like I was being trapped in a hot box of old stinky weed. I wonder some days if it is me that smells the way the scent sits up under my nose. 

Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment