Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 119


Wednesday August 21st, 2013

So. About that phone call I made yesterday. Yup. I would wake up this morning and the tingling would be slightly less intense aka it's getting better. Ugh. 

I didn't want to travel to Kampala today. Fucking bus. Fucking five hours. Fucking leg.

It would also so be my luck that the driver was late by an hour. Stresses me out. Really does, but on the flip side, I was able to have two cigarettes instead of one this go round.


Chose SWIFT buses as my bus provider this morning. They are so bloody pushy it isn't even funny. Chose a window seat in the middle of the bus. My mistake was choosing a three seater row. Woman sits, then a man does next to me. I'm over him. I'm over him poking me in the ribs, dropping food at and nearly on my feet and I'm just over him and his lack of respect for personal space, especially when it is so limited. He made me realize why roaches live on buses, Mr. bite the bottom of my banana and then spit out on the floor, mind you at MY feet. Rude.

Everyone talks about bad manners here and how it is so bad to have bad manners except I tend to think that every-fucking-body has bad fucking manners. Clearly I'm in a poor mood.

Ooh, but I found out about the roaches through a fellow SouthWest volunteer as I was killing a bazillion roaches in the room we were sharing. Oh and I was not prepared for my sleepover in Kampala. Didn't pack any pajamas nor my toothbrush. Where was my head?

Went to this place called Bistro for dinner, it was wonderful. Ate my face off. Like literally off. I'm gonna gain back all the weight I lost in about two meals here in Kampala. I had a real cocktail, like deliciously real. Tasted like grapefruit goodness, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to as grapefruit wasn't an ingredient.

After dinner it was back to the room and once the roach killing spree finished, I was out like a light, until of course the pounding started. Apparently it was raining and the position of our room allows the water to hit something and sound like serious hammering except with such stamina that it couldn't possibly be a human hammering. Maybe a fairy sprite with infinite amounts of energy. Little devils.

I'm going to try to sleep a bit more. Except it's early back home yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment