Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 120


Thursday August 22nd, 2013

This morning, I brushed my teeth with Sambuca flavored toothpaste. It was so gross it was comforting. Made me miss London. Bad. Me and the other volunteer also woke up to a picture of Jeremiah above our beds that we didn't once notice the day before. 

Jeremiah is 3 and likes to play with balls. He is also a creeper.

Oh and right. I didn't bring panties either. Well not enough. Oh and I'm starting my period. Did I bring tampons or the hellish diva cup? Nope. Not a thing. 

So more realized poor planning and they eyes of a ever watching photo child are how I start my morning. Splendid. If not for the Sambuca toothpaste I would swear I was dead and woke up in hell, but I guess that could be argued.

So I didn't see medical yesterday, saw them today, where I proceeded to steal a bunch of tampons. Thank you tax dollars. Well, they weighed me. I'm turning into a skinny bitch. I can't decide if I'm happy or sad about this just yet. Right now my first heart says happy, but then I put my clothes on and I get a little frowny.

Anyways, medical thinks it's serious. So much so that they are making me go to the hospital. They ran some tests and they are not satisfied with the results. The only thing they do say is that me not feeling pain is a good thing. Yay! I feel like I'm on unsolved mysteries.

We arrive at NHL. Who makes their hospital name NHL? Seriously? Met a real life version of Yzma from the Emperor's New Groove today. Realizing once again that I should have never called as this trip was a waste of my time. They had better be lucky that I'm not doing shit at site either.

Doctor saw me. We leave. I'm on vitamins all sorts of Bs and an anti-inflammatory. Yay. Not. I suck at pills.

Talked about the 5k idea with the other volunteer and I'm excited because this might just really happen!! I'm so with it! Ooh and I had an egg sandwich this morning wish was delicious. I would get that guy again. I'm trying to decide though if we left and didn't pay for our room... hmmmm.

Went to Fang Fang for chinese. Tried to order shark fin. Not available thank fuck. So we shared some other food and rice which was smart as the bill was a bit astronomical and it was only the two of us. Fuckers.

Yup. Asked the doctor if I could leave tomorrow and since he didn't say I had to stay I'm on the first post bus out of here. Can't wait to just be home. Yes. I call Mbarara home now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment