Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 129


Saturday August 31st, 2013

Today I decided to take advantage of the actual not being expected to go into work thing because it is Saturday. I mean I know I do it anyways, but today no one expects me. I get most work done on these days. On the others I feel like I'm obligated to lag about the house and do absolutely nothing.

So I decided to be productive and clean my house. This included sweeping. Intended  to mop, but then realized I hate mopping here. I did do some rearranging which made me feel like I was in a whole new home. I did some sorting of my clothes, some laundry, which I hate doing and takes me forever to do still. I swear that my laundry is never quite clean. Ever.

Today that was the extent of my productivity, minus doing my nails which was a mistake because then my girls wanted their nails done and then all the other girls wanted their nails done. Every single one of them, which then also turned into me being annoyed as everyone decided to just arbitrarily walk into my house. My house is my house.

I wanted to kill my kids and house girls especially since I never let anyone in my house and now this time around you just think it's ok to waltz right in? And it was the new house girl.

Oh right, I got a new house girl who annoys me to no end. My girls to my right with the bad little boy moved while I was away this last time around. It was sad. Apparently people don't really stay in one place. It was nice to not have anyone in there for some time, but this new house girl who belongs to a family across from me calls me mzungu and stares at me and is always on my verandah. She annoys me. I want to be in my compound and left alone. Just leave me alone. Please.

Yup. So that was today. Nothing big. Nothing big at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment