Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 62

Death. The great unifier.

And yet, I don't know what to do or say.

I wish I could tell my grandma how much I admire her strength and that she is an amazing woman and that grandpa was so lucky to have her.

I want to tell her it's ok to break down.

I want to ask her how she does it, if she's really ok, but mostly I want to curl up beside her and feel like a kid again, because I don't know how to deal with any of this and it seems that grandma has everything under control.

I know very well that this most likely isn't true, but she puts on a good face.

We read all the cards and sent out thank you's today. It was the saddest ever. 

I'm not sure how everyone just isn't basket cases. 

I'm also not sure how I'm not having more of a serious crisis.

It still doesn't seem real.  

1 comment: