Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 58

Slept for shit last night.

Thought I missed the post bus this morning because I felt like a cigarette was more important than catching the bus.

Thankfully the bus didn't think the same about me.

The people in the north are so friendly.

Slept a lot on the bus ride. Made it to Kampala. Staying in the Annex. Ready for my flight.

Met an Austrian lady with her son who are traveling the world. She 30. He 3. They just left Kenya.

He is adorable and thus terrible.

After my encounter with them I went to return to my room to realize that I have no idea where my keys are especially since my room is locked.

I bombard them after their shower and after the mom asks him twice where my key is, he then proceeds to run down the hall stark naked. He was called back to put on 'trousers.' Then back to the run. I swear he was such a boy.

He takes me back to my balcony and starts to climb over the cement railing and points down.

Damn it little boy. So lo and behold here I am side saddling this concrete railing to step down on the drop extension of the balcony and mind you I have on not a lick of underwear.

So thank eff for my long dress, but seeing that the railing was high, it mattered not and I'm pretty sure that some part of Kampala has viewed my nether region, although they may not be fully aware as the bush could have easily blended in to my dress looking like a play of shadows.

I'm ready for maintenance.

Today it doesn't feel real.

I don't get why I'm here in the capital. It just doesn't feel at all real.

Tomorrow's flight is going to be the worst 24 hours. I'm not excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment