Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 46

I've been receiving a lot of missed calls from my host parents. I wasn't too inclined to pick up the ones from my host father as I'm pretty sure he was informed of my reasoning for being pulled.

My mom on the other hand had me a bit worried. So today when the phone rings, I answer. Lo and behold, you know the news?!?

Two out of three pairs of my shoes have been located!!!! Shut the front door!! Apparently they are related to the taxi park owner and have been very serious about finding my shoes. All I can say is see?! Knew they weren't stolen at the post office in Mbarara!!

I am so excited about this!! So excited.

Can't wait to not have to wear shoes that are breaking!!! Yay!

Lazy day today. We had the day off. Did lots of nothing. Got a little concerned about my well being when I started googling reasons why hands/fingers peel and yup it would be me, dehydrated.

So I've been trying to drink loads more water. I'm having to pee every five seconds now. I don't know how people drink proper amounts of water. It's an inconvenience.

Don't feel too well though, so just kinda lounged about trying to not piss the bed. Let you know how that goes in the morning.

Went on an evening walk with a girl who works here at Kulika. She showed us her house and the village and it was such a nice little walk, although I'm not sure I'm ever going to be quite used to brewing so stared and gawked at. It's the craziest thing. I feel like I have blue skin. Like its crazy for me to try to be in there heads an see me, another human, but vastly(not really) different from them because our coloring varies so much.

How does that come about?

Yeah. So maybe living in the city might be nice. No one yells mzungu at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment