Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 53

On our way to Gulu which is located in the northern part of the country we were on these roads made of rocks and dust. Grey white dust and it's crazy to see how far the dust travels beyond the side of the road.

Feet in from the road, dust blankets people's yards and any leaf that it can settle upon. It was sad yet beautiful. There was a section that had cream custard colored flowers and next to them deep purple maroon. The way these flowers popped out of the dust, their leaves were covered, but not their petals. The petals retained their pungent coloring.

They looked like edited photos. So pretty.

Had American food again tonight. I haven't decided if my stomach appreciates it or not. I may regret this isn't the morning.

Talked to my dad and my grandpa today. I miss my family.

The prognosis for my grandpa isn't too good. I'm scared. I nearly had a breakdown when I talked to him on the phone. It was so hard. He sounds so weak.

Mom isn't sure that he's going to pull through.

I was a mess this evening. I really was. I just laid in my bed and cried. couldn't even contain it. My mom and grandma weren't really able to talk and i don't want to burden anyone else with it. Not to the extent it needs to release itself.

I don't know what to do. It feels like all support was stripped from me yesterday. Everyone.

I just felt empty. Forlorn and empty.

Oh and I killed four cockroaches in my hotel room tonight.

Please. Let me just drift to sleep. Let today be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment