Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 57

I wanted to write about the kitten who fell in love with me at lunch or the gangle of ducks that interrupted our after eating talk.

I wanted to share how malaria Matt tried to set us up for failure by taking us to the Acholi Inn.

Instead I don't feel to write at all because today I found out that my grandpa passed. This process was much to quick.

It's decided. I'm coming home. I refuse to not be with my family right now.
Booked a ticket and I will be home Sunday. Leaving Saturday.

Tried to leave Friday, but it's late now and I can't be sure what time the post bus leaves in the morning and I'm not sure I will have enough time to grab my passports and get to the airport on time. It would have been nicer to be home with my family on Saturday though.

I get to make it for the wake and the funeral. This is important to me.

Mom and grandma wanted me to stay, but I can't. What is my reason for being here. Alone? Isolated and knowing about what is happening at home?

My grandpa was a good man. I'm going to miss him.

I'm happy to be able to go back though. I want to just touch those who are alive still and be grateful for them and say goodbye.

I wish this didn't happen. Maybe that is selfish, but I wish it. I want him to ahare stories with for when I come back. I just wanted him around a little longer, but I imagine no amount of time would be satisfying.

It makes my goodbye to him in Montana a few months earlier that much sadder. Grandpa never cries. He cried for me that day.

He was telling me goodbye then as if he knew. And I didn't want to believe it.

See you in two years...

I'm ready to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment