Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 54

And so it is the beginning of tech immersion.

Met another volunteer today who is about to close her service in the next 3-5 months and its crazy to see what she has done. This was one of the first times I actually felt like ok I can do something. I can make a difference, no matter how small.

We also had delicious American food somehow for lunch. It made my life happy. Oh cheeseburgers. Get in my belly.

Our first presentation is tomorrow.

I'm nervous to be going into the community. I don't know what to expect. Thank God I'm only presenting once and that it isn't tomorrow.

Underachiever.

Went out tonight and met up with even more volunteers at a place called Acholi Social. Half price drinks. Yes I'm there. The drinks were not half bad either.

It was nice to be around other volunteers and just kind of be. And to be social and just relax. Basically this tech immersion is like a vacation for me. I'm really enjoying it.

Probably drank more than I needed to tonight with a margarita, two long islands and a beer upon my return home. I'm a total lush.

Decided to call Canada, woke up with a dead phone and myself spread eagle on the bed with my feet sticking out of the mosquito net.

I wasn't supposed to sleep there as my room smelled of cancer from spraying insecticide to rid my room of the roaches. Instead they just began climbing up the walls away from the perimeter in which I sprayed. That or found their way to the bathroom.

Fuckers.

When I woke I decided to take my fellow PCT up on her offer of bed sharing. No idea what time it was I crawl into her bed.

I would later find out that it was six. I left an hour and a half later.

Tomorrow will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment