Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 38

The curry has come back to haunt me.

Explosive shit. Thank God it happened at training and not homestay. A weapon was propelled from my backside today and it splattered nope not in the hole, but an inch away from it, just straddling the edge.

Yes. I shit on the back of the 'toilet'. Essentially on the floor.

I have also blown my nose into my sheets tonight. Like you're sick blow. I'm hitting some serious all time lows.

Today was over all a good day. I'm pretty sure the bartender guy likes me. Which makes him hate me. Funny how that works. Told me I was good at disappointing. Enh. Not like he isn't the first person who's wanted to say that to me. Just maybe the first person who's actually said it.

No clue what I did. Apparently I didn't call him for lunch.

Right, so today was our homestay farewell. We haven't even taken or passed the LPI yet we are giving away certificates and what not. My dad didn't show up, so my mom and the kids did, the oldest boy going in stead of the dad.

Everyone's host parents gave speeches about them, except the son did mine and he doesn't really know me. Then he was embarrassed and put on the spot because everyone gets names, and I didn't have one yet, but someone called him out and was like what's her African name.

So I am called gift. Kirabo (cheerawboh).

I wish my mom would have spoken. Pretty sure part of me is being a spoiled baby.

Ok I'm done.

I wore the dress my host mom got me. Everyone thought it was so pretty. It was. It really was. It was such a sweet thing for her to do.

I wonder if she will go to church tomorrow. I don't want to go, but the dad and the son insist on me going. Ugh.

Can't I just be the odd American who doesn't go to church?

Ready to be done and at site. Ready to start working. Just get me to January. Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment