Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 47

Today I received these much talked about shoes. All but my flip flops.

I'm ok with this.

I can't believe I don't have my Mbarara story though. I really wanted to find those bad boys in a market, but I suppose this is much better since the shoes were guaranteed this way.

Made my apology to that one PCV. That was awkward. Gheeze. I should really work on pulling out my bitch card. Especially to strangers.

So everyone keeps speaking Ugand-lish which is kind of like Spanglish except harder to understand. The English is much slower, and the phrases are not quite right. I will go ahead and blame England for the misunderstanding there as it is called a trunk, not a boot and garbage, not rubbish.

Anyways, we are playing volleyball and my language trainer decides to come play with us. Everyone is speaking Ugand-lish, which I personally hate because it sounds so condescending. Most people, Ugandans, they say it is very helpful.

It makes me feel like I'm talking to Helen Keller.

But everyone does it. So I'm about to compliment one of my fellow trainees for saying something spectacularly well in Ugand-lish as it isn't that easy to master, until I realize that it's actually my language trainer and thank God I didn't say anything as I currently feel like a penis.

I'm beginning to feel the Kulika effect again. The days here just seems so long. Entirely. Too much training and not enough real life, this is how this training will benefit you, application. Not in these confines at least. Kulika is too tame. Which I may be hoping for in a months time.

Not even two months yet. Crazy how that works.

Oh and I met this lady who used to babysit my mom today. She and her husband are also Peace Corps volunteers. Yup. Small world.

Funny how only in Africa you find these people.




No comments:

Post a Comment