Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 51

Could not wake up this morning. I just wanted to stay in bed for like ever. Then I remembered that I had to go to Stanbic bank to fix my name. Cursed long name.

So I dragged myself out of bed. Went to town. Wrote a letter to request a name change at the bank and then was on way being driven back to Kulika. Until the call came. We had to turn around an go back to the office to pick something up.

Fortunately but unfortunately for me that meant longer without food and my stomach screaming. I was a little hung over and had nothing to eat as is typical of my life on a good day. On a bad day, I wasn't going to make it.

So we stop at this place and I swear I thought I walked into heaven. I splurged like crazy. Bought this chicken breast with a mushroom cream sauce that came with mashed potatoes and vegetables along with a roasted red pepper and avocado sandwich on a baguette.

I was in heaven. Truly.

Then I ha to go back to Kulika.

Training was terrible. Was not at all involved and left training to go back to the room and finish the food I splurged on. Oh my God it was amazing. Entirely. I swear I thought I was seriously in heaven.

This should hold me over for a few days until we hit tech immersion week where I will be traveling to Gulu which is in the northern part of the country.

Excited to see a different part f the country especially since it is like a two day travel journey from down in the southwest.

This should be interesting. I also hear that they have amazing food. Thank God for somehow American food.

Saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment