Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 156

Friday September 27th, 2013

Today you could crown me with the title "Queen Bitch," and I would take it not only with a smile, but with happy tears in my eyes.

I sent the Kampala girl an email informing her of her poor deed. She promised to correct it on Monday. I felt like a complete bitch as I questioned her reasoning for not even mentioning me at all in the email concerning the page. She apologized and seemed to see where I was coming from, which I tried hard to do in the least bitchy way possible.

I'm not sure it came across that way.

I was also called last night about two PCVs coming to stay the night with me. Problem, which wasn't a problem then, but became a problem today when there was still no communication about their accommodations, with me. 

After I came from my failed attempts at corresponding with the police and the mayor, I was with another PCV who was staying the night that night at a local restaurant who actually had been in contact with the girls who were staying the night. 

I still had nothing. So I asked for the one's number, messaged her and asked what was up so I could plan my day as I hadn't heard anything. She then informed me that she figured everything was ok because the other PCV who isn't staying had asked for them last night. 

In what world? Especially when I have been introduced to you once and when I find my friend, you've been asking her directions of where I live. Don't you think you should be asking me these things? Just maybe?

So I told her I felt like a hotel and how she was taking advantage especially since we didn't really know each other. Instead of apologizing or feeling at all bad that I was made to feel that way, she instead told me that they didn't have to stay with me if it was a problem. 

I informed her at this point, that it may be best. Because no you don't have to stay with me. I was just being nice for nice sakes. Thank you for showing me what not to do next go round. 

Rude. 

The afternoon turned itself around when I was approached by some random Canadian who works for the organization that I have been trying to locate and link up with since nearly the beginning of my time here in Mbarara. 

Well there she was with all my answers and a working email and ahhh. I can breathe again. Discouragement barred!

Time for celebration. 

Tonight was my cherry popping for the sachets of alcohol. Mini baggies of putrid spirits to rest in your soul and make you drunker than you'd ever imagine. Yup. I had those. About three. 

Found ourselves all over the place hopping from bar to bar and then I ended up home and drunk. Oh the joys. So a pair of samosas and order of chips later and I'm feeling ready for bed.

Too bad I have to still do my squats. Mother eff.

No comments:

Post a Comment