Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 145

Monday September 16th, 2013

And today I made my getaway.

After walking through the bowels of Uganda (don't mind the re- and over use of this phrase as it is applicable in more instances than one would imagine) to meet with the executive director of my organization to discuss my World AIDS Day idea, which he totally backed and is looking for sponsorship for me, I then found myself offered with a ride down to Mbarara.

Free ride. Escape from teammate (no offense teammate). Free ride. No bus.

What is there to really think about? Although, once I sat myself in the vehicle besides the number of people being multiplied by 10, I could have very well have been on the bus for how smushed I was. Wait. Is it smooshed or smushed? Or are they both just wrong?

Anyways, I was smushed. I did get free water and some french fries out of the deal though which was quite nice also mostly nice because I literally had 2,000 shillings to my name. Not a lot to be traveling with. I would have been screwed any other way.

So finally we got home and I must say, I do call Mbarara my home. I don't travel many places outside of it and when I leave it, I just want to get back to it. Entirely. I don't on the other hand want to go to work. Ugh.

Damn home.

No comments:

Post a Comment