Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 139

Tuesday September 10th, 2013

Today I met the Ambassador. I think he's pompous. I was sitting through his speech and playing games the whole entire time on my phone. 

Then came the trainings. Which was fine. It was interesting to see how the trainings were set up. The week or so before we arrived we were informed about this free space where we would be able to determine what we wanted the lectures to be. We the volunteers set them and then we taught them as well. 

The sessions ended up going really really well.

I enjoyed myself. Talked about World AIDS Day. It was very informative. Also about the radio stations and working with them which was nice.

Night time came around and I must say I am enjoying all this with people around and what not. Drank a little, mostly talked. Tried to get secrets out of some people, I was unsuccessful.

I did although find a fourth for spades. Our usual fourth wasn't there and so we found a substitute. Unfortunately this substitute wasn't as fun as our usual and so I'm not sure that we will play again with her tomorrow. We didn't even finish our last game. Yes. We think she sucks.

Found cockroaches in my bed. I swear. Why do cockroaches love me here in Uganda? Why do they rule the world here?! Why?!!!!!!

I fear that I may go back to America and find that roaches live inside of the hollows of my brain. Eat away effers. Eat away.

No comments:

Post a Comment