Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 138

Monday September 9th, 2013

I'm looking at flights again. I'm sitting and waiting for the nights to pass me by so I can open my eyes and view the familiar sights of the three Fs and North America. I'm ready for it.

Traveling to Kampala today. Not prepared, except we have a ride!! Thank the fuck. No bus, no randoms. No nonsense.

Enter random kid, who wasn't so random to my teammates counterpart aka the driver, but is completely random to me. Ugh. I wanted to hit him. Hard. He kept kicking me and his nanny lady was weird as fuck.


She lost the kid, didn't want to tell her uncle, yes the guy was apparently her uncle, or at least she called him uncle, didn't want to tell him when she had to go to the bathroom and when she felt sick.

All I knew is that if she threw up in the back of this vehicle with me I was going to swear off traveling all together in Uganda whether it be private or public means. Thankfully, the cavera (plastic bag) she bought, she never actually used.

At one point we stopped for food and to use the bathroom. Whenever we stop in private vehicles we always stop at this bathroom and I swear, I have never met a place that was so smelly. I was also skipped numerous times in line as I felt like my bladder was going to explode. The no line thing or not paying attention to who was around first truly annoys me. Big time.

I waited and then found myself in the grocery store again as I had first ventured in there to purchase toilet paper that I discovered actually was available in the smelly bathroom. Oh well. This trip I found butter cookies that I absolutely love, but this time around, I wasn't as impressed with them.

But, we finally arrived at our training center and it was lovely to see everyone, although I decided that I was going to be a bit antisocial. Unfortunately by that night I was drinking social.

It was a fun night. Peed in the bushes. Smoked my face off. Played kings cup on my phone. I. Yes I can be quite a fun girl.

Wonder what tomorrow holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment