Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 134


Thursday September 5th, 2013

Appointment with the doctor today. Yay. I love going to hospitals. Especially here in Uganda. Even though I have never been taken to it, makes me feel like I'm always headed to my demise as I feel like I'm going to wind up in the basement of the hospital from that movie, The Last King of Scotland. 

No thank you. Again, not a movie you watch right before you board a plane for Uganda, Africa. Just a word of advice.

Anyways, the doctor says I'm fine, suggested I get slash do some PT, which I opted out for until after IST because I am being illegal and traveling outside of my language region before my three months at site is up. 

Yup. I'm a rebel.

I put in my vacation days in today! So excited!! 17 days to be at home with my family and fiancĂ© and friends. The three Fs that I actually do care about! I can't believe I'm actually going to be going home for Christmas. 

Best. Fiancé. Ever.

Spoke with the doc from PC. He thinks I may need to change my housing on account of having a squat toilet may in fact be aggravating my tingly leg condition. This nuisance seems to be a blessing in disguise. Really and truly. How amazing would it be if my lease was up in January? That means I could have a new place to live in January which is perfect timing because... Well you know!! How perfect?!?!

So when I put in vacation and I thought about home, I realize that I miss it. A lot. Being here is hard. On many levels in which I hadn't explored at home. Presently my heart is in North America. The three Fs all reside there and aside from the few relationships that will be made here, nothing will ever come close to what I have at home. Years of foundation, love, trust, understanding. 

Here I am given instafriends and I can guarantee you that if I was home I would deal with maybe like three of them. That being said, I think that we have the best group out of everyone here in country and I actually really like us. So I'm happy for the random conglomeration of us. I'm just also glad that we are scattered about the country so I get to choose when I see people. I never realized how much of a hermit I was. 

I swear. You want to learn about yourself, most definitely do Peace Corps. If that's your aim, you won't be disappointed. Unless of course you suck at reflection, but then I suppose in that case you'd just early terminate.

Regardless, today I'm understanding why people go home. I'm ready. Hurry up already 2 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment