Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 144

Sunday September 15th, 2013

Another lazy day. I swear homestay let me take the weight off, but I'm pretty sure the rest of my time in Uganda, I may turn into a whale. Can't say I'm too excited about this.

Movies and oversized beers. This is what Sundays are supposed to be about. Really enjoyed myself, but all the movies were a bit dumb. Tried to watch the movie I requested, Only God Forgives with Ryan Gosling, but again was told it sucked and the acoustics in the room didn't allow me to pay attention the way I felt I needed to for this movie.

Chocked full my iBooks on my phone with more/new books. I'm not sure why I bother as the book I want to read is lost in the bowels of Uganda. Shame really. I'm still hoping that one day like my shoes, that this book will present itself to me. One day.

I just hope that one day is before I go ahead on Amazon and order a new book.

Was supposed to go out again tonight. Instead I found myself on the roof of our hotel smoking cigarettes and chatting with other volunteers. It's the simple things in life.

I also managed to order Mexican take out which wasn't very good AND I let a puppy drop on its head. I've come to realize more and more why I like cats. If a kitten wanted down and jumped off my lap, she might land a little wobbly, but she'd land on her feet. Today I learned that puppies don't land on their feet. They land on their heads.

Puppies are dumb. End of story. Aka come January, we've got kittens on board!

Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment