Wednesday, August 31, 2011

New Low

Running is beginning to ruin my life. It is bringing down my self esteem and I really just want to never do it again, but as I sit here in these size 11 pants and they give me toasty baker's goods spilling over my waistband, I realize that I must, because I refuse to go a pant size higher (although I do own those larger sizes). I have also part way ruined my run as it is ruining me because I ate a sprinkle frosted donut just to spite the mother. Ha! Take that. You don't control me! I must admit that I will be a slave to the weight machine tonight and that tomorrow morning I will rise again and try to distract  myself as I run for those tortuous three miles. Oh did I say that I drove in my car to clock the mileage? That is how I know it is three miles. It seemed like it took forever to do that even in my vehicle. Who invented running? Whomever they are, they should be shot. Just a thought.

So I ate out last night with the bestie celebrating her first day at a new job and of course we stop and talk to everyone on the streets because we are on Elmwood and she knows everyone. I realize that I am just an introverted hermit crab. I don't care to know people and I don't want to know people. I would actually prefer if you stopped talking to me.  Thank you.

That night we are snapping pics and trying to find a place to have dinner. The first place the service sucked and so we left. The next place is a traditional pick as we are always heading there for special occasions like graduations and birthdays and goodbyes and what not. So we head there and our server is amazing. She laughs with us. I'm sitting around with my lawyer looking best friend and I'm sitting there with gladiator sandals and my rayon blazer, which as my new gay man friend tells me that rayon is a nice little material as it is a natural fabric being a component of wood. Well, personally I think rayon sucks because you wash it once and then that article of clothing is dunzo. Done like through. I need my items to last a few years. Just saying.

Well we are sitting and chatting and the poor other diners are no longer having a nice quiet slash peaceful dining experience since we have walked in the doors. We are yucking it up and just enjoying ourselves thoroughly. Now there is this one topic that comes up and I can't help but laugh as it takes me completely off guard. My friend ends up telling me how she thinks that this girl we know mutually has something wrong with her. This makes me laugh because the population that she deals with is a little touched (please excuse my political incorrectness). When we initially met the girl, we found that she had a bit of social awkwardness about her seemingly highly uncomfortable in social situations and thus not knowing how to conduct herself.

My friend learned first hand that she led a very sheltered life and has decided that she isn't sure if she can be friends with her any longer due to the fact that a lot of what she said at their last meeting was highly offensive. I may save that until later.  Needless to say there are different types of friends.  You have real friends, the rarest to find.  These people will be right in the thick of things with you and typically are life long companions.  Now you may also come across fake friends. These are the worst kind, but come in throngs. You can always find a faker.  They will be in your face when things are good, but let things get not so good and if they haven't high tailed it out of there, then they are most likely just adding to the drama and your stress. Let them be aka let them go.

You may also encounter the middle friend. The middle friend doesn't (super)suck. You can do more with them than party. You can have conversations and share parts of your life with them.  The issue with a middle friend is that they have a great way of making it seem like they are a real friend, when it doesn't go much farther than a few things and probably involves them in some way shape or form. These are people that you go to when you just want to vent and are in party mode because they are fun, just not always the most reliable.  They are usually the people that you can go without talking to and not even notice. Fakers can be like that too, except Fakers are so malicious and good at their jobs that you will want to be around a Faker and be (real) friends with them. Hell you probably think that you already are. They are scary. Watch out for them.

Associates will also come into play, they are like a combination of middle friends and fakers. You usually just party with thes people and don't share much of who you are in part to the fact that what makes them an associate is that you don't spend very much time with them. I likd associates.

That girl has been demoted from middle friend to associate. Shame.

I am so looking forward to this work day ending. I am not making it. That run did me in this morning. I am also staring at my phone like a desperate ninnie. I think I may need to flip it over and attempt to do some work. Yes. Work. That is why I get paid isn't it? Because all this that I am talking about is not nearly that interesting.

Sorry.

Oh, right, I thought that I should also inform you that I put deodorant on this morning before I left the house instead of at the office. I'm also not wearing a bra. Professionalism, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment