Friday, August 26, 2011

Forest Gump

I did it. I ran. I ran yesterday for 22 minutes. That was the longest twenty-two minutes of my life. I managed to coax myself into work out clothes and then to remove myself from sitting in front of the television where I was watching Bravo. Dallas's Most Eligible was keeping me immobilized since it has such a high entertainment value.  My mother is also hooked. I finally got up from the couch, stretched and ran. I told myself that when I came home that I was allowed a hearty glass of wine for my hard work. That kept me quite motivated. 

So the no deodorant thing coupled with working out... Yeah, they shouldn't get together anymore. I think I may need to start wearing deodorant, which I realize that I do on ocassion as I did last night, but I clearly have this new thing where I feel that I don't need to wear under garments. Yes this includes bras. Why, I haven't reasoned yet. I think that it may have something to do with the fact that I think I never need to do laundry because I still have things to cover my body, so why layer. You don't get a show, because you just don't know. I need to stop it or I need to find my stash of hidden away panties from before I left the states.

So my friend tells me last night that she wants to go to this thing called BigAssDrinkNight-BADN. This was once a favorite of mine. Every Monday and Thursday you can walk in and get a big ass drink for, well now $6, but it used to be $5. When it was $5 it was sweet. Now it is just ok, thank God the drinks are still big.  All I know is that they use the lowest of the bottom shelf liquors aka gasoline and rubbing alcohol and make a huge mason jar more than 3/4 full of that turpentine and then some other non-alcoholic stuff for coloring. I have come to realize that I am not as young as I once was and so I can do what I once did. BADN, I believe that we are no longer friends.

Well in the course of a night, I called a girl ugly numerous times, made many threats, lost a pack (full) of cigarettes, then somehow recovered them, sold a cigarette for a kiss, made wonderful gay guy friends, and made an unreported case of alcohol abuse.  I watched drinks spill and shatter, I watched myself try to keep my composure, and I watched myself lose it.  I wanted to be sleeping by 10 pm after that run and I didn't sleep until 3. I also had to shimmy around my house since I was locked out of it and was contemplating crawling through a window when by chance the sliding door happened to be unlocked. Sheer luck. All of this was without a bra or panties. I think I might rule.

Except that I was a half an hour late to work. How does that happen? Discussed sweaty vagina smell with my mother which is just gross and then proceeded to walk out of the door with a glass of water that has been comforting me all morning.

I was happy to see that I still had my passport and smokes in the car this morning. Oh and I have to run again this evening as I skipped this morning. Damn BADN.

No comments:

Post a Comment